Large scale conservation areas
Nature parks, national parks and biosphere reserves are exemplary landscapes for nature and landscape conservation as well as sustainable recreational use. Tourism revenues are in general essential for sustainable regional development in protected areas. The main task is to use the opportunities to create income from tourism, to market regional products and present the protected area while at the same time limiting or even reducing the impact on the natural environment.
The institutions and administrations of large scale conservation areas are facing manifold tasks and demanding targets in the establishment of protected areas and their daily work. With the experience from various projects, BTE is familiar with the specific demands in protected areas.
We can provide our support in particular with the following performances and services:
- Establishment, development and qualification of protected areas (preliminary studies, organization and financing concepts, advanced education)
- Spatial concepts for recreation and tourism (visitor management concepts, information and guiding systems)
- Infrastructure and marketing concepts for sustainable tourism (leisure activities in nature, marketing of regional products)
- Feasibility studies for exhibitions and visitor centers (supply, operative and economic efficiency concepts, funding acquisition)
- Development of attractive nature experience and environmental education programs (education and experience concepts, involvement into tourism)
- Concept, text and design of promotional and informational materials
Sustainable tourism is one of BTE’s priority subjects. In the last two decades of our work we could participate in developing this topic in German tourism. We could support protected areas as well as different public and private clients in the development and marketing of sustainable tourism offers. We would gladly advise you in this regard.